I’m delighted to welcome Kate Pavelle, aka Olivette Devaux, to the blog today. She’s re-releasing a book I’ve liked ever since it first came out – and she’s giving us a bit of insight into the mechanics of a re-release, which is highly topical for me! So I’m very grateful for her help.
As for Asbjorn and Sean’s story… all I can say is: read it. You’ll love it.
It’s a pleasure to visit with Jackie Keswick again! I’m Kate Pavelle but I write LGBT fiction as Olivette Devaux. Even had I tried to keep this a secret, you’d know by now because of this re-release. So what happens when a book gets republished?
- New cover and blurb! In this case, the whole series got rebranded and I LOVE the covers. Streamlined, minimal, but still with enough texture and mood and attitude – stay tuned for mugs and T-shirts to follow!
- New author name – yep, what used to be gay romantic suspense by Kate Pavelle is now published under Olivette Devaux. This is disclosed in the Copyright Notice in the front of the book. Also, Amazon requires a Reversion of Rights Letter from the first publisher, which I will happily supply when they ask for it.
- New copy edit – my style has changed in the 7 years since I have written Breakfall, and naturally, I’ve made stylistic updates. Shorter paragraphs, a few minor cuts and a few minor additions for the sake of clarity – I’m pleased with the result. No bit rewrites, though. I’ll let it stand on it’s own four feet (two guys, four feet, get it?)
- New reviews! Some reviews are by readers who haven’t been with me five years ago. These are mixed with the old reviews, which Amazon kindly attached to the new book.
- New expectations. The market has changed, the genre has matured past the meet-cute stage. Since I have full control of my world and my characters, I can try things which weren’t available to Dreamspinner Press at the time. For that reason, the books make their start in KU for the first 90 days. Then I plan to go wide.
This being said, a re-release is a lot less nerve-wracking than a brand new book launch. It takes less time, I know the fans are already out there, I’ve heard from some who asked whether the book is different enough to buy it again (no it’s not, sorry.)
But we have one more category to cover: new plans. Sometime in the future, you’ll see individual stories from this world. They will appear in my newsletter, at my PayHip store, and wherever fine e-books are being sold. Some may get narrated. You’ll see a collection when I have enough of them.
You might even see a brand-new book, one that revolves around Don and Adrian and the adventures in their relationship.
So read and enjoy! Both the paper and the e-book version of Breakfall is available on Amazon. If you’d like to join my newsletter, claim this free story “I am here for you,” one that first appeared in the Heart’s Kiss magazine. Don’t forget to opt in! (https://payhip.com/b/TAN7)
See you under the rainbow,
Olivette / Kate
Length: 262 pages
Genre: Contemporary M/M Romance
Buy at: amazon Available on Kindle Unlimited
Two MIT students, two martial arts clubs, two different backgrounds. The ex-Navy Asbjorn Lund, still grieving his karate teacher’s death, resolves to teach his students how to fall. When he infiltrates the aikido club as a rank beginner, the Aikidoka Sean Gallaway throws him – and Asbjorn falls for Sean, body and heart and spirit.
Sean has a lot to learn from the older and more experienced Asbjorn, from dirty street fighting to the beginning of something sweet and lasting.
Except trouble finds Sean, the kind where he loses the battle and hopes to win the war. Brave and proud, Sean determines to finish the career of a sexual predator who victimized him.
Sean won’t be coddled.
Asbjorn needs to protect.
The two will find their happiness – unless they kill each other first.
BREAKFALL is Book 1 of the Fall Trilogy, an action-packed gay romantic suspense story of retribution, revenge and recovery. And, of course, love.