Wednesday, May 13th is the official release day for romantic suspense novel Job Hunt. It feels strange to think that a story that’s been with me for so long and has gone through so many incarnations is suddenly “out there” and no longer just mine. It’s also strange, because at many points during that journey it seemed as if this day would never come.
But it has and I’m going to have fun with it…. by sharing some things about Jack Horwood and Gareth Flynn that most of you might just not know.
- On the day Job Hunt is released:
- Jack Horwood is exactly 11,595 days old. His birthday is the day I met the person who inspired this story (and Jack)
- Jack Horwood and Gareth Flynn have known each other for 5,155 days.
- The visual inspiration for Gareth Flynn came from model Laurence Nicotra and actor Richard Dean Anderson in his Stargate incarnation.
- Gareth loves to cook and Jack, who is useless in the kitchen, once almost set fire to a curry house where he’d gone for a cookery class
- Jack doesn’t like to remind people to take online security seriously. Instead, he hacks their accounts and changes their password to I told you so
- Jack’s favourite mode of transport is a black Suzuki GSX-R1000
Also on Wednesday, I can say that I have lived in England for 9,004 days and even after all this time I still absolutely adore the place. So it’s no wonder that Job Hunt is set in London. That way, I get to share my favourite places as well as my favourite foods. (And yes, Gareth picked up a few of my habits. As has Jack.)
Finally, I couldn’t have got here without some help. Most notably that of my husband, whom I’ve known for exactly 8,888 days come Wednesday. The man obviously has a great deal of patience – and for that I’m grateful.
You can order Job Hunt in all the usual places:
There’s also going to be a couple of amazon gift cards up for grabs on Wednesday and a blog tour with chat and excerpts starting shortly after the release day. Keep an eye on Twitter for that if you’re interested. And if there’s anything else you’d like to know about Jack, Gareth, London or English food… just ask!